If you are found not abiding by the rules you will be asked to leave.
Fishery opening times:
- No access 7 am.
- Water closes 9 pm or by dark, whichever occurs first.
- From 1st May until 30th September, and from 1st October until 30th April, finish fishing by dusk and off the venue by dark.
- An Environment Agency rod license is required before purchasing a ticket.
- All anglers must purchase a day ticket or register their club membership number in the tackle shop during opening hours.
- All nets, mats, and slings are to be dipped in tanks provided on the fishery before entering the lakes.
- Each angler must be in possession of a disgorger and a suitable landing net with a minimum size of 18” across and assembled before starting fishing.
- No fish must come into contact with the ground, where the size of the fish is expected to be large, a suitable unhooking mat of a minimum size 18” x 30” with padding must be used.
- Keepnets are only permitted in official competitions only (see notice board for rules)
- Allowed baits and bait limits please see the notice board entering Barnmoor Lake.
- Barbless hooks only, (no bigger than size 8).
- No fixed rigs, braided mainline, or braided hook lengths.
- No rod sharing or rods to be left unattended.
- No litter, radios, fires, or barbecues.
- No spodding or spombs allowed.
- Only bailiffs or assistant dogs are allowed.
- Maximum of 2 rods per angler.
- All visitors to Witherington Farm enter at their own risk and no liability attached to the club for any damage, loss, or injury to persons or property.
- Fishing is from marked platforms only.
- Children under the age of 13 MUST be supervised by an adult.
- No night fishing allowed.
- Purchase of a day ticket is an acknowledgment of these rules.